NorthPoint Construction Management, utilized a design/build approach for this project, we provided a complete Bid and Construction package from start to finish. All phases of the project were completed in-house including MEP Design for value engineering purposes and meeting the client’s needs for the entire budget. The tenant renovation and fit-up was completed in approximately 5 months from start date to final move in meeting the client’s needs for the entire budget.
- The scope included the complete demising separation of tenant from building systems and infrastructure, construction of new offices, lab rooms a white room and building cafe.
- A new shipping and receiving area was added with an overhead garage door and curb to avoid potential flooding issues, due to existing parking lot level and underlying stream and brook overflow.
- Humidity room facilities were constructed with a pre-fabricated wall system to prevent construction contamination.
- Process piping and exhaust systems were installed throughout the entire production floor including explosion proof hoods with Ansul Systems installed.
- New controlled clean room facilities were constructed that included required HEPA filters, gowning rooms, and gasketed acoustical ceilings.
- The multi-phase construction project required critical coordination of the construction logistics with the building management team to minimize the impact of construction on building tenants and daily production operations. All phases were completed on schedule with minimal disruption to the client’s production schedule. As a result, NorthPoint was recently contracted to begin design on an additional project for this client.
Coherent, Inc. is one of the world’s leading providers of lasers and laser-based solutions. Their products feature superior reliability and performance, and provide significant cost advantages for scientific, commercial and industrial customers competing in the most demanding markets.