Grace Capitol Church
- NorthPoint Construction Management provided complete design/build services for the client that seamlessly incorporated a new 6,700 square foot addition with the existing building. It was the client’s intention that energy efficiency and environmental sustainability considerations be a part of all the final design.
- The project scope included a 4,200 sf multi-purpose room/gymnasium and 2,500 square feet of new classrooms, office space, restrooms and a cafe/fellowship area.
- The structural diaphragm of the multi-purpose room was composed of 18′ tall exterior walls of 2×8 Timber strand studs with structural steel hold downs at each end and a wood truss roof system.
- New state of the art audio equipment and 2 projectors were installed within the multi-purpose room to meet the client’s requirement for a larger gathering space to satisfy multiple needs and use for all ages, with more than 6,000 square feet of Tectum acoustical panels installed to enhance the acoustical qualities of the space.
- From the first conceptual design meeting to client occupancy, this project was delivered in a 10-month period, ready for the Congregation to celebrate the 2010 Christmas holiday season.