Worchester District Attorney’s Office
NorthPoint Construction Management performed an historic renovation of the “Plummer Building” located at 184 Main Street in Worcester, MA. This NPCM design/build project served to form the new offices for the Worcester County District Attorney.
NPCM worked very closely with the National Park Service to restore the historically registered 5-story, 23,000 square foot structure, originally built in 1890. The project had an aggressive schedule that required substantial completion in six months. NPCM delivered on time and within budget.
- The scope included restoration to the existing exterior brick facade and brownstone, selective window replacement approved by the National Park Service & Massachusetts Historic Commission.
- The entire roof structure was removed and replaced.
- The existing interior was completely gutted down to the rough framing. The construction of a new steel glass egress stair tower and a new elevator were added.
- All existing moldings, including window trim, baseboard, beaded wainscoting and chair rail, had to be carefully removed, numbered, shipped off site, de-leaded and re-painted; then brought back on site and reinstalled.
- Completely new mechanical, electrical, plumbing and fire protection systems were installed to ensure a safe environment and reduced operating costs for the long term.
- The client had specific construction requirements which included Level III ballistic bullet proof paneled, full height walls and bullet resistant glass. In addition, new top of the line security and surveillance systems were added.